Day 4

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Today was our last full day of visits with Archie. We cannot believe how fast this week has flown by. Tomorrow is going to be hard--to say the least. But at the same time, we are ready to get home to the rest of our family, friends, and dog. If only we could bring him home with is now.

This morning Joey went by himself early to the orphanage to see their class time. We are really trying to learn as much as we can while we are here so that we can make the transition as easy as possible for him and us. After class, they got to take a long walk together.

Meanwhile, back at the hotel, Ace and I got some much needed rest. We slept until Joey got back at 12:30. We were crashed out. I havent been sleeping much at all here...the combination of the time change, nerves, and excitement just won't allow me to.

At 3 o'clock, we all headed back to the orphanage. It was another little boy's birthday, so they had cake and sang "Happy Birthday" in Bulgarian. Ace just thinks she is part of the group. She has made herself at home and everyone absolutely adores her. I think the different language is really confusing to her. There have been a couple times when a staff member would be talking to a kid, and she would just bust into their conversation and say, "boo boo ba bee ba bee bee boo ba ba"... as if they might understand her then.

After cake, Ace and Archie played with some bubbles we brought. Archie thought it was the greatest thing in the world. Ace tried to teach him how to blow the bubbles. They then played "keep it up" with a balloon. I wish I could have gotten some better pictures of that, they were CRACKING UP and having so much fun, but they were on the move!

Off to try and get some sleep!

Hamming it up on walk with Dad

Singing and dancing together

Cake time!


So kissable...

and cuddly

So much fun!

Lots of Love!



Kim said...

Oh my, your little guy is adorable!1 You all look like you are having so much fun!! I am glad the trip went well!!


Post a Comment